Unit of Competency: BSBWHS401 Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs to meet legislative requirements
Topic: Topic 1 – Australian Workplace Culture
Assessment Task: Task 1.5 – Case Study – Brodie's Law
Assessment Due Date: Week 4 Duration: 3 hours
• applying organisational WHS management systems and procedures in the work team area
• applying procedures for assessing and controlling risks to health and safety associated with those hazards, according to the hierarchy of control and as specified in commonwealth and state or territory WHS Acts, regulations and codes of practice
• providing specific, clear and accurate information and advice on workplace hazards to work team
knowledge of legal responsibilities of managers, supervisors, PCBUs or their officers and workers in the workplace.
Assessment Instructions to Student:
• Write your name as it appears on your enrolment form in the appropriate area on this form
• Attempt all questions in the assessment.
• All answers to be typed using Microsoft Word
• Use complete sentences, check grammar, punctuation and spelling
• This assessment cover sheet must be handed in with your answers.
Resources permitted during assessment:
• Dictionaries: Standard, Bilingual, Digital
• Electronic devices: Laptops, Computers, Internet
Additional Assessment Instructions to Assessor:
Reasonable adjustment: Trainers may make reasonable allowances for learners in accordance with the C&I Learner Support Policy contained in the Participant and Trainer Handbooks. This may relate to the timeframe for undertaking this assessment task in class or relate to an extension to the due date. Consult with the Curriculum & Learning Manager prior to administering this assessment to ensure Learner Support needs are met.
Research Workplace Bullying and Brodie’s Law.
Answer the following questions:
1. What is Brodie’s Law?
2. What is workplace bullying?
3. Who has duties in relation to workplace bullying?
4. What is involved in preventing workplace bullying?
5. How would you ensure that your workplace was aware of the company’s policy on workplace bullying?
6. How would you handle a bullying complaint if it were raised in a WHS Consultative Committee meeting? List all of the things that legislation would require you to do including documentation required, actions taken, future monitoring and controls that you may need to put in place.
Assessment Task 1.5 Word Limit: Minimum 300 words