Description Marks out of Wtg(%) Due date
Assignment 1 100 50 21 August 2016
ENTERPRISE MOBILE APP CONCEPTUALIZATION
In this assignment 1 you are the Manager of a department in a global multinational company (the type of organization/industry/business/service will be assigned to you via an email from the course examiner)
In the light of the increasing number of your employees using their own mobile devices (BYOD) for work purposes, you have come up with an idea for a smartphone mobile app for a particular problem that will help improve the workflow, communications and productivity of your staff, both in-house as well as with company employees across the globe.
Using Microsoft PowerPoint, develop a professional presentation to the CIO to convince him/her to provide the appropriate resources to realize the development, implementation and integration of your concept application into the Enterprise's App Store.
The concept of the app does not have to be particularly sophisticated or innovative for the purposes of this course. We are more interested in the processes and issues involved rather than the end product itself, and the app is therefore to be considered only as a means to an end. So an adaptation of an existing product or solution is acceptable.
Your pitch to the CIO will include:
1. Details about the organization/industry/business/service
1.1. Type (assigned to you)
1.2. Description of the organization
1.3. Description of department of which you are the Manager
2. The concept
3. The business drivers
4. The benefits
5. The target audience
6. Impact on existing staff, processes and procedures
7. A wireframe/prototype design of the user interfaces showing the app in its various steps and phases
1. In the design process, the best way to show customers, managers, and programmers the product you have in mind and want to create is to make a mockup of the views that compose the application user interface.
2. One of the first things you want to do to develop your app idea is to create a mockup of the app. A mockup, as the name implies, is a basic visual prototype of the look and feel of your app. Mockups serve two purposes, one is to test the core concepts of your app and the second is to serve as a blueprint to use when working with developers to build your app. A good mockup will lay out what every screen in your app looks like down to the buttons, colors and fonts and will illustrate how someone moves through the app to complete basic tasks.
a. The course examiner has negotiated a free licence for the Balsamiq wireframe software which you are free to download and use (https://balsamiq.com/download/#). Explore the many resources (videos, tutorials, blogs, etc.) at this site.
i. LICENSE INFORMATION:
1. License Name: Global Information Systems Strategy 2016
2. License Key:
3. License End Date: Jan 01, 2017
4. Be sure to copy and paste the License Name and License Key exact as show above.
b. Please note that you may use a mockup/wireframe/prototype tool of your choice
3. The maximum number of slides is 20 (twenty).
4. Each slide must include speaker’s notes (in the Notes section) that expand on the bullet
points and graphics on the slide.
5. There must be evidence in your presentation that your app is directly related to the
organization/industry/business/service that you have been assigned. Failure to do so will result in zero marks being awarded for this assignment.
1) The file naming guidelines are as follows:
a. It is important that you use this convention to ensure that assignments can be tracked:
i. Replace ‘familyname’ with YOUR family or surname
ii. Replace ‘studentnumber’ with YOUR student number (which starts with ‘00’)
2) Submit your assignment using the Online Assignment Submission link on the Study Desk
3) Late submission of assignment work
a. Late assignments will be penalised unless permission has been granted by the course leader BEFORE the assignment due date. Late assignments may be penalised by reducing the allocated mark by 5% per day late.
1. The assignment must be the expression of your own work. It is acceptable to discuss course content with others to improve your understanding and clarify requirements, but solutions to this assignment must be done on your own.
2. You must not copy from anyone, including tutors and fellow students, nor provide copies of your work to others. Assignments that do not adhere to this requirement will be deemed as being the result of collusion or plagiarism. This may lead to severe academic penalties as outlined in Academic Regulation 5.10 of the USQ Handbook. It is your own responsibility to ensure the integrity of your work. Refer to the Faculty of Business policy for further details.
3. NOTE: Your assignment will be sent automatically to the plagiarism checking website Turnitin when you submit your assignment.