Assignment 2 (30% - Due on 26 May 2016)
Topic: Systems Implementation
Length: 1500 words (maximum – excluding appendices)
This is a follow up from Assignment 1. My State Hospital has approved your planning document and they have now asked you to implement your recommendations from the planning document. Initially, you will develop a Systems Implementation document detailing the following:
• ICT infrastructure required to implement your plan, along with appropriate justification.
• An Enterprise Systems that is required to implement your plan, along with appropriate justification.
• Recommend an implementation methodology to ensure the successful implementation of the infrastructure and enterprise system.
• A comprehensive costing analysis, along with appropriate justification.
• A roadmap to highlight the sequence of project/ milestones to support your plans transition from the current state to future state. Include key critical success factors for each step in the plan.
• Include a risk analysis for the plan with mitigating plans for any high risks items
Your documentation should highlight how you plan to assure privacy and security aspects as customer details need to be secured. Otherwise, the Hospital will be subjected to legal prosecution. Therefore, you need to verify your design concept carefully, accommodate appropriate testing protocols, and a comprehensive schedule for quality assurance.
My State Hospital, at this stage, is not interested in actual development. They want only an implementation plan schedule and how this implementation can be accomplished successfully.
You have the freedom to use any business report-writing format of your choice, as long as the report is professional and presentable.
Other related information for Assignment 1 & Assignment 2
• You are encouraged to see other countries’ HIS system websites to get an idea as to how the smart handheld devices are being used;
• The word count allows for a variation of 5%. The markers will stop reading beyond this, and any information provided beyond the word limit is ignored.
• You assume the responsibility to assure the report you are producing is of high quality, including plagiarism and collusion checks. You NEED NOT have to produce plagiarism report with the assignment. However, the markers will undertake these checks (using any tools that you have access to), and if any integrity issues are found, you will be awarded a score of zero, and the work will be referred as ‘Academic Misconduct’.
• Please package the report as a PDF version only.
• The assignment submission website will be closed after three working days so that they can be distributed to markers.
• Any queries regarding these assignments will be closed two working days before the submission date.
• Email submission will NOT be accepted in any circumstance.
• The entire report including appendices will be packaged as one single pdf file and then submitted.
Assignment 1 and Assignment 2 are an individual submission. You are asked to submit the assignment simply though the link provided through the course website.
You are encouraged to discuss the assignment solution path with others to improve your understanding and clarify requirements but you should develop the solution to the assignments on your own.
Marking criteria –
• Marking criteria for Assignment 1 and Assignment 2 Will be provided through the course website.