Assessment Item 2
Description/Focus: The focus of this assignment is to assess the strategic dimensions of your own organisation or any organisation that you are familiar with.
You are to critically assess and document the following dimensions:
Ã¢â‚¬Â¢ Generic business strategy
Ã¢â‚¬Â¢ Organizational culture
Ã¢â‚¬Â¢ Formal organizational structure
You need to clearly articulate the conclusions that you draw about these dimensions individually. What linkages and consistency can you identify or infer within these dimensions?
Length: 10 A4 Pages maximum (plus appendices)
Task: The purpose of this assignment is to provide an opportunity to utilise your knowledge of strategic planning to develop proposals concerning the future operations of a specific organisation.
Assessment criteria: 1. An ability to utilise sources such as the Internet and University library facilities to search, locate and summarise data relevant to the assignment
2. An ability to assess organisational culture
3. An ability to utilise appropriate theories about business strategy to assess the relevance of the three dimensions for the chosen organisation
4. An ability to assess the formal organizational structure and its impact on communications and decision making
5. An ability to utilise appropriate theories to assess the linkages between specific dimensions of strategy
6. Presentation of an appropriate arguments to justify your conclusion about the consistency and linkages in the chosen organisation
7. An ability to present a well written, well structured report
The main body of the report should not exceed a length of 10 A4 pages,
typed one and half space, using Arial point 12 type face. You can also attach appendices to the report to provide coverage of information that, because of the report length constraint, could not be included in the main report. There is no limitation on the length of the appendices.
1. 2.5 margin