Weighting: Length/Limit: TOTAL 15% Maximum of 1,000 words (Due: Friday, Week 6) 2 This is an individual assignment. Each week, based on the hour of e-learning activity that has been prescribed, you are required actively to engage with the material by writing a short discussion of how the material that was prescribed relates to the topic(s) of this subject and how it relates to your own personal experience. You create a blog each week where you provide evidence that you have engaged in this way with the prescribed e-learning activity. In the blog, you mention any extra material relevant to the activity that you have researched on the net. These blogs are assessed in the
1. Blogs are spot checked by your lecturer.
2. By the end of Week 6, students choose their best two blogs and submit them as an assignment (due Friday Week 6). Each blog should be in two sections:
Section 1 lists the key ideas you have extracted from the prescribed e-learning activity. In Section 2 you apply those ideas to your own experience, to an organisation you know and to the topic(s) of this subject. The written report of your two best blogs needs to be 1½spaced and has a 1,000 word limit.
Activity 1: Thomas Friedman on Globalisation; 3 Eras of Globalisation; World is flat
Questions to consider:
1. What would be some of the key drawbacks or risks of living in the flat world of Globalisation 3.0 as Friedman describes it?
2. Do you agree with Friedman’s iron rule of the flat world? Explain.
3. Is the level of globalisation uniform across the world? Explain.
Give the example of a company with reference.