Assessment Item 1
Due date: Week 6 – Friday Midnight (Darwin Time)
Length: 2000 words
Value: 30 %
Task Diversity in the workplace is clearly the subject of significant attention. Managers and employers are being urged to recognise and value diversity, and many are pursuing active programs to improve the environment for diversity in the workplace. Yet ‘glass ceilings’ remain obstacles to career and personal accomplishment for too many females and other minority groups. Why has diversity in the workplace been given so much attention lately?
What are the workforce diversity challenges and opportunities confronting new managers in the 21st century?
Preparation Read the assigned readings for Weeks 1 – 6.
Presentation • Assignments are to be typed, with one and a half line spacing, and be in 12point font.
• Neatness, layout, correct spelling and grammar, page numbering, consistency of formatting and font size, and readability.
• Within +/- 10% of word limit of 2000 words.
Integrated Discussion of Topic
• Answer clearly demonstrates a good understanding of the topic and presents ideas/views in a balanced manner with a well-integrated and complex style.
Research and Referencing
• The use of at least 6 ‘peer reviewed’ journal articles or appropriate reference articles/texts considered of high academic standard.
• Correct referencing in-text and in reference list
Penalties Late Submissions
• Late assignments will lose 5% of the available marks each day (or part thereof).
After 10 days, assignments will not be accepted.
• You are to identify the sources of any ideas and words in your assignment that are not yours. Unattributed materials will not be included in the consideration of your assignment and serious cases will be handled in accordance with the Student Plagiarism Management Process.