Assessment item 1
Cloud On-line Accounting & System Documentation
Due date: 02-Dec-2015
Return date: 23-Dec-2015
Submission method options
Alternative submission method
There are 3 questions in this assessment. An overview of the questions and their value are provided
below. More detailed information is provided in Resources in Interact.
Question 1 (40 marks) – Saasu task # 1:
You are working as an accountant in a regional accounting firm. You have been approached by the
owner of “Sweet Treats”, a start-up wholesaler. They have chosen Saasu as their accounting system
and have employed you to set up their company in Saasu and enter the first month’s transactions. You
will use Saasu to enter a range of transactions and print some reports to assist with the business
start-up. All information has been supplied by the business owner for you to input. The set up and
transactional data will be provided in Interact, in the Assessment folder in Resources.
Print and submit the following reports for November 2015 (either print to screen or print and scan as
an electronic file).
The marks assigned include correctness of information.
1) Profit & Loss – Summary (5 marks)
2) Balance Sheet (7 marks)
3) Profit & Loss – Detailed (14 marks)
4) Accounts Payable (5 marks)
5) Accounts Receivable (5 marks)
6) Inventory Item History (4 marks)
Charles Sturt University Subject Outline
ACC200 201590 SM I-23 October 2015-Version 1 Page 7 of 36
Question 2 (20 marks) – Saasu task # 2:
Using the information compiled in question1 above compile a short report (500 words) that covers the
1) What advice can you provide the owner of Sweet Treats on how their business has performed for
the month of November, with particular focus on the profitability of the business? Include relevant
ratios in your analysis (10 marks)
2) Provide Sweet Treats with 5 recommendations, including specific actions, to improve the
profitability and efficiency of the business. (10 marks)
Question 3 (40 marks) – Business Process Modelling:
You have been hired by a toy retailer, Santa’s Helper, to review their Accounts Payable Department.
The organisation is looking to improve efficiencies in this area. To make any recommendations, you
must first understand the current process being undertaken. A transcript of your interview with the
Accounts Payable supervisor is posted in Resources in Interact. Using that transcript and an applicable
system tool, create a Level 0 logical data flow diagram to document the existing system for the
accounts payable process.
A system tool includes software such as Word, Excel, Smartdraw or Edraw. There are many tools that
are available to trial for free on the internet.
This assessment task has been designed to develop your abilities to:
• record business transactions using computerised accounting information systems;
• analyse and evaluate business processes and model them using systems documentation;
• develop your ability to interpret and evaluate the concepts covered in Topics 1-2