Prepare a detailed design document for the user interface for your project. Your design document should be based on your Project Requirements and Scope document and your Project Design proposal.
Your design document should include the following sections, as a minimum:
1. Design overview;
2. Project scope;
3. Business and User requirements;
4. Key assumptions;
5. Design process to be used;
6. Interface Design, including the following sections with justification for use:
1. All screen layouts; ( at least 4-5 screenshots of each of the four processes for e.g 4 screen shots for search option so altogether 16 screen shots for the four processes)
2. All components identified, with justification for their use;
3. Workflow diagrams for major tasks (if required);
4. Use of colour, frames and sections;
5. Help and user assistance functions;
6. Use of icons;
7. User task navigation;
7. Usability testing and evaluation, including the following sections with justification for use:
1. Evaluation aims;
2. Evaluation methodology;
3. Test audience selection and ethical considerations;
4. Evaluation experiments;
5. Analysis methodology and procedures.
This is the final design for your project so all the sections in the document should be complete in all
Your design document should not exceed ~25 pages in length, excluding references. You will need to reference all literature, applications and websites using the APA 6th edition referencing style.
This assignment covers the following objectives for this subject:
• be able to explain the relevance of integrating aspects of the human, social and organisational context
into the design process;
• be able to list and explain the importance of the principles of design that are applicable to the design of
• be able to evaluate the effective usability of an interface and recommend changes to improve its
• be able to design a user interface to meet a given set of requirements;
• be able to design a usability strategy to ensure that an interface meets its usability goals;
• be able to interpret and evaluate usability testing results to plan interface improvements.
Project Scope 05
Business & User Requirements 05
Key Assumptions 05
Design Process 05
• Quality of design
• Layout and Component use
• Colour, Frames and Sections
• Icons, Help
• Ease of navigation
• Justification for use 50
• Evaluation aims
• Evaluation methodology
• Test audience selection & ethics
• Evaluation experiments
• Analysis methodology 30
Deduct marks for poor presentation, spelling and grammar -5
Deduct marks for poor or no referencing to APA standard -5
Question HD D C P F
Project Scope Clear and comprehensive statement of project scope Clear and detailed statement of project scope Clear and thorough statement of project scope Adequate statement of project scope Inadequate or incomplete statement of project scope
Business & User Requirements Clear and comprehensive statement of project requirements Clear and detailed statement of project requirements Clear and thorough statement of project requirements Adequate statement of project requirements Inadequate or incomplete statement of project requirements
Key Assumptions Comprehensive and well considered list of assumptions Detailed and considered list of assumptions Thorough list of assumptions Adequate list of assumptions Missing, incomplete or irrelevant list of assumptions
Design Process Clear and comprehensive statement of design process Clear and detailed statement of design process Clear and thorough statement of design process Adequate statement of design process Poor or incomplete statement of design process
Interface Design Comprehensive and clear UI design & drawings, all components clearly identified with excellent justification for use Detailed UI design & drawings, all components clearly identified with clear justification for use Good UI design and drawings, all components clearly identified with some justification for use Adequate UI design & drawings, all components clearly identified with justification for use Poor or inadequate UI design and/or drawings, few components identified with little or no justification for use
Evaluation Comprehensive and clear evaluation plan with comprehensive aims, methodology, procedures, audience & ethics plans, experiments & analysis
Detailed evaluation plan with well detailed aims, methodology, procedures, audience & ethics plans, experiments & analysis
Thorough evaluation plan with good aims, methodology, procedures, audience & ethics plans, experiments & analysis
Adequate evaluation plan with adequate aims, methodology, procedures, audience & ethics plans, experiments & analysis
Inadequate or incomplete evaluation plan with inadequate aims, methodology, procedures, audience & ethics plans, experiments & analysis
Presentation, grammar and spelling
(-5 marks) Marks will be deducted for poor presentation, spelling and grammar mistakes.
Note please follow the given report format in Subject Outline for this assessment
(-5 marks) Marks will be deducted for not providing / following the proper APA style referencing.
Note that the guide for APA referencing is provided in the Resource section of Interact site .
The following conditions must be adhered to for this assignment:
• This assignment must be completed using the ITC504_Project_Design template that is located in the Interact 2 ITC504 Content Collection;
• All design drawings must be:
o Placed in the appropriate location in the Design document,
o Include an appropriate caption;
• The document is to be saved in Word format as a single file using the ITC504 Project Design template and must include all design drawings;
• Assignments are not to be submitted as a series of separate design drawings files in a zip format collection;
• All assignments are to be submitted electronically as a single file through EASTS.
You should also indicate which theories, principles and guidelines you used in creating the concept of your application design.
This assignment must be produced in Microsoft Word format. Diagrams and drawings may be made in any format, but must be inserted into the appropriate page of the assignment document. Diagrams that are supplied as separate files will NOT be marked.
You must also include your references in APA format, as per Faculty of Business requirements, on the last page.