Due date: 15-Apr-2015
Return date: 07-May-2015
Length: 2,000 words
Submission method options
Alternative submission method
HRM is a function that evolves in response to the changing internal and external environment of the organisation.
Critically analyse and evaluate how the current external business environment impacts upon job design, HRP and staffing for current and future organisational needs, and identify areas where these HR functions could be improved to better match business needs.
This assignment is designed to:
• familiarise students with the nature of the HRM phenomenon and the different perspectives from which it is viewed;
• encourage students to explore various HRM theories;
• develop the ability to identify the importance of the HR function in the effective management of people;
• familiarise students with the gap which may exist between the academic theories and the real world practice of HRM;
• encourage students to develop a critical understanding of the extent to which organisations adhere to espoused HRM policies;
• encourage students to explore the various HR challenges such as environmental, organisational, individual and in the performance of their day-to-day responsibilities; complicated relationship among top management, line managers, HR managers and employees and its effect on HR policies and practices;
• encourage students to develop sound analytical skills based on in-depth literature research, learnt theories, case studies and work practices.
Essays are a learning tool. They require you to gather and assess a range of information in relation to a particular question. To do this you need to distinguish between information that is relevant and not relevant, evaluate what people have said, and arrive at your own ideas on the topic based upon the different perspectives and viewpoints you have examined. Your ideas then need to be presented in such a way that the reader can clearly understand your view, the debate surrounding the topic and how you have arrived at your position. This means your ideas must be clearly articulated, logically presented and well supported.
There are many sites where you can find information about essay planning, structure, and formatting. If you are unclear about how to begin use the structure found athttp://www.csu.edu.au/division/studserv/my-studies/learning/pdfs/essay.pdf
Remember your essay should present your ideas and be supported with appropriate evidence and references.
Assignments should be submitted through TurnItIn. TurnItIn password details for this subject will be given by your lecturer.
TurnItIn does not accept Excel files.
Assignments must be submitted to Turnitin by midnight (AEST) of the date specified.